Saturday, July 10, 2010

You don't know what you don't know*

Last night was one of my first real social evenings I've had in a while.  I'm not going to lie, I had been DREADING it all day.  It was a really bad day and the last thing I wanted to do was hang out with anyone any more than I had to. 

But, I went and I had some good steak and actually had a really good time.  So, I'm glad I forced myself to go.
After dinner, I went out in the Fan with my friend KW and her friend from work.  We went to one french bar where I did not feel hip enough to be there and really wanted to leave.  Then, we went to another new bar and it reminded me so much of the pub R and I went to when we were in Scotland and it made me want to go back. 

So I'm thinking maybe a trip with her will be coming up sometime in the near (or not so near) future. 

I ended up staying out later than I should have.  I was EXHAUSTED by 11PM, but ended up staying out until 2...so I was super tired when I got home.  Barely had the energy to make it to my bed before passing out and waking up to come to work. 

But, even though I was so tired, it was so nice to just be out and social again and remember the fact that I have FRIENDS and I can go out sometimes.  I swear, this past month and a half has made me feel like a total recluse with this work schedule of mine.  I'm so glad it's almost finished. 

As a post-shutdown celebration, KW and I (and hopefully R!) are going to go see Dave Matthews Band at Virginia Beach on July 20th.  So, I'm already planning my comp days for that.  :-)  I'm actually really excited to go.  He's not necessarily my favorite, but he always puts on a good show, and it will be fun to hang out with KW and R. 

I also need to figure out what vacation time I have left so I can figure out how many days I can take in September before moving up north. 

*DMB

0 comments:

Post a Comment