Saturday, July 3, 2010

And the only pleasure he gets out of life is rambling from town to town*

Happy 4th of July weekend!

This week has sucked. 

However, I am determined to enjoy my weekend and find some fireworks to watch.  It's my goal. 
I even went running after work to try and change my mood...and it sucked.  I ran the paved path with lots of hills, and got to the last hill that is about 1/4 mile long (not super steep, just a long, gradual incline) and my legs would NOT go up.  They just quit. 

So I turned around and ran back the other direction and ran another half mile.  Then realized I didn't want to run another mile before getting back to the beginning, so I turned back around and ran back towards the hill.  AGAIN...my legs refused.  They were fine with EVERY other hill...even the insanely steep ones.  But that last hill just was the killer. 

I made it about half way up and finally just stopped and walked.  And then got mad at myself for not being able to finish.  How pathetic is it I couldn't finish 1/8 mile without walking? 

It was a shitty shitty run. 

Today will be better.  I swear. 


*Bob Dylan

0 comments:

Post a Comment