Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Let's toast the night away to friends, and forget about tomorrow*

there has been working out, and knitting, and running, and making jewelry and playing Wii.  All rolled into one week!  I feel so active I'm not sure what to do with myself!

I even ran yesterday mid-monsoon! 

When I got to the park, the sky was really overcast and it was pretty humid, however, I've been running ALL summer and it looks like this all the time, but never actually rains.  After thinking about it for a minute, I decided to brave it and hope the rain would hold off again. 

I had JUST turned onto the dirt path and it started to rain lightly.  I figured it wasn't that bad and kept going.  Then, the skies opened and it was a complete DOWNPOUR.  It was raining so hard, I couldn't hear my music on my headphones.  After less than 20 seconds I looked like I had jumped into the pond. 

At this point, I figured I was already soaked, I wasn't really going to get any wetter, and I only had another mile and a half left to run.  So, I just hoped my electronics would be ok (my phone and mp3 player were tucked in my bra which was already soaked through) and kept on going. 

It rained so hard and so quickly, the path quickly started flooding in places.  I had to run through "rivers" of rain that were 2-3" deep in places, and mud was running down hill making the path really slippery.  I was actually a little concerned the pond would have flooded the path at the bottom of the hill and I wouldn't be able to get through, but it was ok. 

Then, just as I got back to the main path and had less than a tenth of a mile left, it stopped raining.  I kind of feel like mother nature was telling me not to go on that run and she just gave up after I ignored her.  Eh, I never was any good at taking advice I don't like.  :-) 

So, I drove home soaking wet (I'm pretty sure my clothes weighed an extra 10 lbs from all the water) and my car seat is STILL a little damp.  Stupid water. 

Irritatingly, our A/C is STILL broken, and K doesn't seem too concerned with getting it fixed which is kind of pissing me off.  So Oscar and I have been sleeping at A's house (thank you A!) and playing Wii while I'm there, but seriously.  I would really like to be able to sleep in my own damn bed.  Ugh. 

Anyways, I should get back to work.  Happy Hump Day!

*New Found Glory

0 comments:

Post a Comment