Tuesday, July 13, 2010

And if your heart is beating free, for the very first time it'll be all right*

Every muscle in my body is aching.  And honestly...that should NOT be the case.  Yes, SOME of my muscles should be sore because my gym workout was hard and I used a bunch of muscles I don't usually use. 

However, I did not exercise my hip flexors in any way and even those are KILLING me.  I literally feel like I was beat with a stick and I don't really want to move in anyway.  My legs feel like I just ran 20 miles yesterday.  Except I didn't.

In fact, I ran a grand total of about 10 steps while buying a new pair of running shoes.  (Yay new running shoes!).  I'm going to try and run the hilly loop twice today. 

Physically, I think I can do it (or at least do most of it).

However, I have such mental issues with this path.  I don't know why I psyche myself out so easily while running it.  But, it's always such a struggle to finish one loop.  And then, when I finish and decide to just walk, I feel fine like I can run another couple miles. 

I know it's mental, I'm just not really sure how to get past it.  But, I won't get past it unless I keep forcing myself to try.  Right?

If I do manage to finish the loop twice...I plan to go shopping for some more disposable work clothes.  I'm sick of all my shirts (and a lot of them have machine grease and other random stains on them) so it's time to get a new rotation of clothing.  (I miss having a clean job that didn't make all my clothes smell funny or have weird stains).  I'll pretend it's like a reward for a job well done.  :-) 

Hope everyone is having a good day!

*Black Crowes

0 comments:

Post a Comment