Tuesday, May 18, 2010

And if you were a kiss, I know I'd be a hug*

So guess what?  Nothing in the news pissed me off today!  Go news!

Although I did like the article where BP admitted the amount of oil leaked is actually DOUBLE what they had initially said it was.  But seriously.  I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knew they were lying anyway, and I feel like it was more of a "duh" moment than an actual news story. 

I also finally recieved the android 2.1 update for my phone (I was using version 1.5) and it is SO FUN.  The only thing that is pissing me off a little is the weather app keeps forcing closed (apparently this is a common issue for some reason), and I've had to delete a few apps and re-install them so they work with the 2.1 software.  But seriously.  This phone is freaking AWESOME. 

And...the upgrade also turned my phone into a real GPS.  You know, one that talks to me with a British accent and tells me where to turn.  LOVE IT!

So, I said I would post some pictures of J's blanket, and then I just decided it would be fun to post a picture of Oscar's back with the lovely bite mark.  Yay pictures!

Pretty picture of the bite mark on Oscar's back.  I think it makes him look tough (he goes around saying, "you should see the OTHER guy").  Or like he got his ass kicked.  Whichever. 


As always...pictures were taken with my phone so forgive the crappy quality (and not sure why they are such completely different sizes but I don't feel like modifying them).  You can make them bigger by clicking on them.  Anyways, here is the blanket I gave J for her baby.  I finished knitting and blocked it at 2 in the morning on Friday morning (the day I was leaving to head north).  So, it blocked for about 6 hours before I had to go to work (wasn't completely dry when I left so I left it laying out in the backseat to dry). 

Doing such a rush job of blocking kind of sucked.  I ended up using a little too much Euclan (kind of like woolite for knitted items) and had to rinse it (even though its a RINSE FREE product).  I still didn't get it all out either so I told J to wash it before using it with baby.  And since it wasn't completely dry when I put it in the car, the edges curled up again (so basically, it looked like it did before I blocked it and could have just saved myself an hour of soaking and pinning in place). 

HOWEVER, now that I'm done bitching, the blanket is super cute.  I kind of wanted to keep it for myself.  Both halves of the blanket have the "chevron" lace type pattern (facing opposite directions), but I had a light colored towel under the one side and a dark colored towel on the other...so it's hard to see the pattern on the light colored towel side. 

The important thing is J seemed happy with it which is all I care about :-)

And yeah, that is pretty much all I have to say.  I wanted to try and post some pictures of the hotel I will be staying at next year...but for some reason it wouldn't work...so...no pictures.  Maybe next time!

*Barry Louis Polisar

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the blanket - it's so perfect!! :) - J

Post a Comment