Monday, February 7, 2011

You give my life direction, you make everything so clear*

I'm still working on my Costa Rica posts, so, today is a mish mosh of things that I didn't know where else to talk about them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a very weird issue lately that is completely baffling and is bothering the heck out of me.

I have recently started hating meat.  As in, I look at it, or I smell it, or I touch it, and it makes me want to vomit.  (No...I'm not pregnant...please don't ask).  It's not all the time, I have been able to eat chicken a few times (although not with the normal level of enjoyment), and if it's mixed in as part of something (like soup, or a meat sauce with pasta type thing).  My biggest problem is if it's a piece of meat with a side (or in a salad).  

Ugh, it's awful.  I should like meat.  I used to like meat...what in the world changed?

So, anyways, until I figure out how to enjoy meat again, I've been coming up with things that I can eat for lunch and dinner and it's not been fun.  I've mostly been eating rice or pastas with veggies.  However, I really shouldn't eat so many carbs (thanks a lot PCOS!) because my body doesn't do a great job breaking down sugar.

So today, I made the most AMAZING lunch.


I am not so good at staging food pictures, however, this best salad ever consists of:
  • baby spinach
  • squash and zucchini
  • orange bell peppers
  • cucumbers
  • pressed tofu cooked with a little olive oil and garlic
  • 1 tsp of olive oil and salt for dressing
It was so yummy.  It's so yummy...I'm eating it again tomorrow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was flipping through the channels the other day and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 was on and it was at the end.  

Why in the world do I still remember the Ninja Rap?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been unable to get this song out of my head for DAYS now.  I have no idea why.  I don't normally hear REO Speedwagon so it's not like I recently heard it.  (Also, I love the 80s music videos).


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The period key on my laptop is broken.  It's driving me INSANE.  It's ridiculously hard to type a post with a half working period key.  Just saying.

*REO Speedwagon

1 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

hahahahahaaha!!!!! Go ninja, go ninja!

Post a Comment