Monday, December 26, 2011

Told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company*

Christmas Recap:
  • I got the table!  I have never been so excited to receive a piece of furniture before, but, my sisters rock and got me the table for Christmas. My precious. 
  • If I make Christmas gifts, I always have ONE gift that just kills me and refuses to go well.  This year, I only made ONE gift, and of course it was the one I have had nothing but issues with.  I made my mom some fingerless gloves.  Unfortunately, I somehow made them two different sizes.  Noticeably different sizes.  Sigh.  I let my mom pick the size she liked better and am currently making a third glove, that I have already had to restart twice (I'm an idiot that can't count apparently).  And, I get ALMOST done last night, and realized, I forgot to put a thumb hole in and I have to rip most of it back.  Sigh.  Stupid gloves. 
  • The kids are SO FREAKING ADORABLE this year.  They were all so excited to open their gifts.  Little H acted like EVERY SINGLE GIFT was the BEST THING EVER.  Little J was so cute, going around saying how lucky he was to get SO MANY GIFTS, and Little T was just a cutie pie (and entirely amusing and full of Christmas cheer...).  Baby V was adorable, even if she didn't QUITE get the whole concept yet. 
  • It seemed like a small group at my grandma's house this year, but still tons of fun.  I got some awesome knitting books from my aunts and an awesome Pug canvas from my uncle that I can't wait to hang up in my bedroom.  And, of course, it was so awesome just seeing everyone again.  Even though I live closer, I feel like I don't seem my family as often as I should. 
All in all, Christmas was awesome this year.  I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

*Gotye

1 comments:

R said...

yay table! :) so exciting!!

Post a Comment