Friday, December 9, 2011

Now I know that I’m not, all that you've got. I guess that I, I just thought maybe we could find new ways to fall apart*

Oscar = Biggest pain in the ass. 

I picked him up at my mom and dad's the night I returned from Las Vegas.  He was fine.  Very excited to see me, very active and just happy.  We go home, go to bed, and wake up the next morning to him not wanting to eat and kind of just groaning when I picked him up. 

I put him in his crate for the day and decided to just keep an eye on him for the next day or two and figure out if he was really hurt/sick or just being a drama queen (he has his moments).  I got home that night and he ate and while not completely back to normal, seemed somewhat better. 

Yesterday, I wake up, and again, he's refusing to walk down stairs and eats insanely slow and doesn't seem too interested in going for his morning walk.  Again, I put him in his crate, figuring he wasn't sick, just hurting a bit, and this would keep him from moving around too much and hurting himself even more.

I get home from work, he seems ok.  Not normal, but better.  So, I head over to my sister's for dinner and babysitting.  I get home a few hours later and let him out of his crate, and he falls over then can barely stand and is whimpering.  Ok then.  To the emergency vet we go. 

Of course, we get there, and the dumb dog decides he's fine.  He actually manages to RUN away from the nurse when she is trying to see him stand, and is acting like there is nothing wrong.  She walks out of the room, and he goes back to quivering in pain and whimpering.  Seriously dog?  Are you trying to make me look like an overreacting idiot?

The doctor comes in, and he goes back to acting like nothing is wrong.  Until of course, the doctor starts examining his back, and Oscar freaks out and yelps (sounded like a stuck pig, I felt awful) and is writhing in pain (ugh, I felt so awful). 

So, apparently, he has a similar issue from a few years ago.  He has a protruding disc in his spine (luckily, it didn't rupture this time, like it partially did last time, so no paralysis of the hind legs to worry about) and is just in pain.  He's on pain meds and cage rest for the week (which he is obviously already hating), but should hopefully be ok. 

But seriously, can he go for a whole year without having any major issues?  That would be fantastic. 

*FUN. - LOVE this song.  Such a fun song. 

1 comments:

R said...

he almost made it a year this time :)

Post a Comment