Tuesday, December 20, 2011

All I want for Christmas is you*

A random Christmas meme, because, why not?

The Christmas song I can listen to even in June is...
Ugh, there is NO Christmas song I can listen to in June.  However, if it came down to picking my favorite Christmas song, it's a mix between the Carol of the Bells (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) or Baby It's Cold Outside (even with all the date rape creepiness associated with it).  She and Him actually have a great version of this song, where She sings all the traditional guy verses and He sings all the girl's parts.  I can't decide if that makes it more or less creepy...

Hot Chocolate, Egg Nog, or Mulled Wine?
So, I have no idea what mulled wine.  It is quite possibly my most favorite drink ever...but, in this question, I'm going with Hot Chocolate (although I do like Egg Nog, I just like Hot Chocolate much better). 

When do you put your decorations up?
It depends.  This year, I didn't put any decorations up (I am so bah humbug this year apparently).  However, I usually decorate the first or second week of December.

What are you having for Christmas dinner?
Not a clue.  Whatever my family makes.  My uncle usually makes the main dish (I forget if it's ham or turkey...) and we all bring pot luck side dishes.  Speaking of, I must figure out what I am bringing...

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
My favorite tradition isn't really a tradition anymore (sad face). When my sisters and I were younger, we would always go to my grandparent's house with my dad on Christmas Eve (my mom and her mom would stay home and wrap gifts and be Santa).  While at my grandparent's house, Santa would make his first visit to our house and drop off our stocking gifts (we were totally the only kids good enough to have Santa visit us TWICE in one night....).  When we got home, we would go put on pajamas and unwrap the stocking gifts, and then usually it was bed time.  We continued this up until high school (although I stayed up much later as I got older....).  Now that my sisters are married, they spend Christmas Eve with their family, so we no longer have that tradition.  But I still miss it. 

Have you ever gone carol singing?
Is carol singing redundant?  It seems like it should be.  But anyway, no, I have never been caroling.  At least not that I recall. 

When did you learn the truth about Santa?
I'm not entirely sure.  I know I was pretty young.  I know my sister told me the truth (and got chewed out by mom for that one).  I think I was 3 or 4?

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I haven't had a big tree to decorate in a while because Oscar likes to drink the tree water (ugh, dumb dog), and actually gave himself pancreatitis one year.  And I despise fake trees (I have nothing against OTHER people having fake trees, I just personally don't like having them).  I used to buy table top size trees and decorate that (but I didn't even do that this year).  This answer is getting ridiculously long.  If I had a tree, and planned to decorate it, I would use colored lights, a star on top, and ornaments that I have been receiving from my family every year of my life (at least that I can remember).  I don't own any ornaments that were not given to me by family (I refuse to go buy any). 

What's the best thing about Christmas?
I really like my family.  They're some of my favorite people in the world.  They're why I'm as awesome as I am.  So, my favorite thing about Christmas is getting to spend a day with them (yes, I know, cheesy.  But true). 

All I want for Christmas is...
I don't think there is any ONE thing I MUST HAVE.  Just a bunch of stuff that would be nice to receive, but not a big deal if I don't. 

*Mariah Carey

2 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

I love hot chocolate! I miss our Christmas Eve traditions too. I have been thinking that I really need to start a tradition for my own kids.

Pickles and Dimes said...

I love She & Him's Christmas album! I love anything they do, really.

For Christmas dinner, if we're visiting my family, it's frozen pizza. Sigh. It started YEARS ago when my parents told my brother we couldn't open presents until after dinner and cleanup, and he then demanded we have frozen pizza because it would be the "fastest." It's now 25 years later and they still do it. It's one tradition I wish would die.

If we go to Jason's family, we have prime rib. MMMMMM.

Post a Comment