Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Take me out to the ballgame...

I'm exhausted this week.  Mostly from not sleeping enough.  And it all started with this weekend. 

But more on that in a different post.  (Too much effort to write a good post about the weekend...maybe when I'm not so tired).  

However, part of the reason I'm tired today, is I stayed up way too late to go see the Phils play Tuesday night. (Ugh, don't remind me of that terrible score...stupid Hamels and 6 runs in one inning).

We had SRO tickets, so my friend/co-worker and I decided to go eat at Harry the K's and watch as much of the game from there as we could.  We got GREAT seats right along the railing, and since we sucked so bad, the place cleared out pretty quickly, and we were able to stay as long as we wanted.


Yeah, that was taken with my phone.  See those little ant-like white figures out there?  Those are the players.  However, seriously, a great view.

This guy, on the other hand didn't seem to care about the view so much.  He spent all game on his laptop (I think he was on reddit.com the whole time actually).  At that point, if you're that bored, why not just go home?


At the end of the 6th inning, we were pretty cold, so we got up to walk around and went to the store there.  Of course I felt compelled to buy Baby V a pink Phillies outfit.  I contemplated buying mini bats for Little J and Little H and Baby T, but honestly, I'm pretty sure they'd use it to beat each other up, and L would kill me.  And, since they're not exactly a Philly sports fan family, I didn't get them anything else (worst aunt ever...I know).  

We walked back out and thought about staying for the end of the 8th inning, and said screw it, we're cold and went home.  

So, even though we lost, I had a great time.  If only it could have been a bit warmer...

3 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

Yay - baseball pics! We're going to our first game on Sunday and it's supposed to be 68 degrees - I am stoked.

It drives me nuts when I see someone in really good seats we spends the whole game on their phone. What a waste. :)

Pickles and Dimes said...

Uh, that should be *who spend the whole game on their phone. Oops.

Pickles and Dimes said...

Dammit! *who spendS.

I'm done.

Post a Comment