Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Guest room

I finally bought a bed for my guest room.  Yay!  People can come visit!  And have a place to sleep!  

I am kind of in love with this room.  It's almost as pretty as MY room.   

I had an Expedit in my main living area in the last two places I've lived, and I've used it to display all the Christmas gifts from my Uncle Mark, or any other weird things I've found while traveling. Unfortunately, the shelf didn't really fit anywhere downstairs at this house, but I decided it was perfect for my guest room.  Now all my guests can see the cool things I've been collecting over the last 32 years.  


I wanted the room to be fun and colorful, but not so colorful that guests would be uncomfortable sleeping there.  I painted it the same color as my living room, and got plain white curtains at IKEA. Then, I added some orange pom-pom trim to the edges to make it a little more fun.  I love these curtains.  They are one of my favorite things ever.  

                  
I found this awesome bedding on sale at Target, and I knew it had to be mine.  I love it so much, I almost want to put it in MY room.  I'm still looking for an orange nightstand to go in the corner, next to the bed, and I need to find a headboard.  And the overhead lighting needs to be replaced.  But for now, I'm calling the room done.  

Come visit!





1 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

i love the curtains!

Post a Comment