Tuesday, September 25, 2012

That's how you do food at a wedding

My phone broke again last week.  I went almost an entire week without a phone.  It was awful.  How did I ever survive without a cell phone?  I mean, there was a good 18 years of my life where I didn't have one.  What did I do without instant knowledge at my fingertips???

On a completely seperate note.  A friend of mine got married this week and I went to her wedding in Queens.  The food there was INSANE. 

It started out with a dead pig on our table.  Just look at it's little face (ok, not gonna lie, the sliced up dead pig kind of disconcerted me at first, but it was yummy nonetheless).



  




 Then, there were all sorts of other courses.  Like abelone:


 
And dried scallops in sea weed

 
And, some other fish we never identified



 
Some lobster in butter


Some octopus and squid in veggies and some weird fried crab claw thing


Sashimi!

 
And, what I THINK was shark fin soup, which I didn't eat.



Then, there was the pasta with crab meat
 






 

 
And the sticky rice under the whole crabs (oh  my god the sticky rice was amazing)
 
 
And some beef. 
 
Then, there was the cake, but I didn't manage to get an actual picture.  But it was green tea and chocolate ganache.  Amazing.
 
I wish I could have managed to eat more of everything, but seriously, I only managed about a bite or two of each because the food just kept coming.  So insane. 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment