Monday, January 14, 2013

The Guest Room!


I finished my guest room this weekend (except for the curtains, those have to wait another month or two until I get more fun money).  Sorry for the crappy quality of pictures (and I obviously feel no need to clean up or stage things before taking pictures, but meh, it is what it is). 
 
I wanted something fun and happy with lots of colors.  One of the things I really dislike about living in apartments is the lack of color.  In my last place, all the rooms were painted different colors and I had a lot of white furniture.  Here, all the walls are white and I feel like all my furniture just blends into the walls, and I want color!
 
So, my guest room main colors are turquoise and silver.  My sister claims the lamps are just tacky and I should tell my guests they are sleeping in a boudoir.  I claim it's the Jersey trash in me coming out.  Either way, I adore these lamps.  They are silver and sequined.  What more could you ask for? 
 
 
And, here's my favorite new addition.  I love this picture of Paris.  It just makes me want to travel.  (I swear my room is not as oddly warped as it appears in this picture) 


 
So, it's my bright and shiny guest room.  It makes me happy just looking at it.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment