Sunday, February 8, 2015

Bathroom

When I bought my house, I made fun that every room was brown.  Then I realized every room in my house is now blue or green (or blue and green), so I guess I like to pick a theme as well. 

I hated the bathroom.  Everything was kind of oatmeal colored, or brown, and the vanity was pretty cheap looking and kind of chipping.  I wanted color (of course).  I also wanted to graduate from my periodic table of elements shower curtain I had in my old apartment. 

I decided to stick with the blue and green theme I had going.  I painted the vanity a darker version of the green in my craft room.  I found a shower curtain that I absolutely loved at Bed Bath & Beyond, and bought the towels on sale at Target.

I need to buy some new stainless hinges for the vanity, so I can attach the stainless door handles, and get something for the wall above the toilet.  But I'm pretty happy with the progress so far.  And all for under $100.

Blogger from my phone doesn't really let me arrange the pictures as I'd like, but here are some before and after shots.  I forgot to take a picture of the bathroom before I started, so I'm stuck with the old realtor photos and a cute picture of Little F that also shows the vanity :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the vanity looks great - love it! :)

I hope you left it empty so the kids can still hide in it?

S said...

Sadly, I had to put toiletries in there. But I bet at least one of them could fit in there. :)

Post a Comment